Any language can be translated and localized. However, the demand for locations in other languages such as French translation, German translation, Portuguese translation, Korean translation [terjemahan bahasa korea which is the in Indonesia], and Arabic tarnslation has also been increasing.
It should be noted that the translator must take into account the importance of linguistic variations in this specialized translation. For example, varieties of English (British, American, Australian) and varieties of French (Canadian and French).
Many tools facilitate translation for the local market. These tools allow: streamline the translation process, maintain terminological consistency, identify localizable elements and codes, edit visual resources, edit different file formats, and, most importantly, control the quality of translation.
Some examples of the localization tools used by translators:
- Assisted Translation Tools (TAO)
- Translation memories
- L10N tools
Software Localization Tools
The translator must know these tools, the programming language, and the different types of existing formats. This is important when making software and video game locations, which are the locations with the highest demand today.
Having this minimum knowledge will prevent the translator from making mistakes that could ruin the work done by software developers. In addition, experience in the field of localization and translation guarantees the client that translation for the local market will be successful.
- Localization and translation are two different processes, but they complement each other. Localization is simply a compliment, which allows a translation adapted to the specific cultural preferences and characteristics of a certain target market or client
- You can locate all types of material (physical or audiovisual) that the client considers necessary
- Localization can be done to any desired language. As long as linguistic and regional variations are taken into account
- Localization requires a specialized translation. This should be done by an experienced translator who knows how to use localization tools