Supply chain management takes care of the entire workflow that begins with importing goods for making products and supplying them to the end users. Clearly, this is an intricate process that cannot be handled precariously. If you integrate automation software tools in your systems, the entire process of supply chain management will become faster, reliable, and much more profitable. Some of the best automation software tools by reputed firms like Meade Willis are listed below.
- EDI Module
EDI software signifies electronic data interchange between different systems. This machine-to-machine information exchange has its own benefits, the best ones are listed below.
- Users are able to track orders online.
- Traders can exchange information in real-time rather than making time-consuming phone calls or emails.
This software tool can be optimized according to industry-specific business requirements and the departments and sectors that benefit the most with EDI include;
- Customers and suppliers
- Grocery stores
- Freight transportation providers
- Automotive sector
- WMS Software
Warehouse Management System (WMS) is a perfect interface for monitoring, updating, optimizing, and controlling the inventory operations. Most of its benefits revolve around the fact that it allows live tracking facility. Some of the most noteworthy benefits include the following.
- Live tracking reduces handling and support costs
- Live tracking increases transparency; thereby, strengthening the customer-supplier relationship
- Live tracking gives the option to ensure that the products are delivered to the end-users in time
- Live tracking also makes it easier for customers to keep track of their packages
- TMS Software
Transport Management System (TMS) software simplifies the handling and shipping operations. Since it is cloud-based automated software, it gives all traders the option to find out the exact location of the products throughout the transportation process (arrival at the warehouses, pickup for the next destination, delivery to the end users).
Other benefits of this automation software include;
- TMS software by Meade Willis supports multiple global languages and currencies.
- It reduces transportation cost because it is capable of evaluating how much weight can the freight support.
- WOM Software
Web Order Management (WOM) system helps in managing orders in the real-time. The best benefits of this automation and optimization software include the following.
- Flexibility to integrate customers directly with suppliers
- Flexibility to manage orders in order to ensure delivery in time
Some other solutions of importance that all reputable SCM experts offer include the following;
- Troubleshooting solutions
- On-demand solutions
- Data tracking solutions
- Expense management solutions